The New Science of Personal Transformation
A groundbreaking book on the healing power of "mindsight," the potent skill that is the basis for both emotional and social intelligence. Mindsight allows you to make positive changes in your brain-and in your life.
- Is there a memory that torments you, or an irrational fear you can't shake?
- Do you sometimes become unreasonably angry or upset and find it hard to calm down?
- Do you ever wonder why you can't stop behaving the way you do, no matter how hard you try?
- Are you and your child (or parent, partner, or boss) locked in a seemingly inevitable pattern of conflict?
What if you could escape traps like these and live a fuller, richer, happier life? This isn't mere speculation but the result of twenty-five years of careful hands-on clinical work by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. A Harvard-trained physician, Dr. Siegel is one of the revolutionary global innovators in the integration of brain science into the practice of psychotherapy. Using case histories from his practice, he shows how, by following the proper steps, nearly everyone can learn how to focus their attention on the internal world of the mind in a way that will literally change the wiring and architecture of their brain.
"An exciting exploration of how a mind can right itself."
- Publishers Weekly
"Refreshingly accessible, offering solid practical advice..."
- Carl Hays, Booklist
"A must read for anyone who wishes to have a happier, more productive life."
- Eugene Beresin, M.D., professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School
"Mindsight is a literary MRI: a mind-blowing book that will change the way you think about the way you think."
- Arianna Huffington
"A deeply compassionate account of what it is to be human."
- Sir Ken Robinson, author of The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything
"A daring plan of action for a wiser and kinder life."
- Diana Ackerman, author of The Zookeeper's Wife
"A sheer delight to read, building suspense like a novel you can't put down."
- Harville Hendrix, author of Getting the Love You Want
"Relevant, utterly compelling, and even life-altering for the reader."
- Jon Kabat-Zinn, author of Wherever You Go, There You Are
"Graceful, wise, creative."
- Norman Doidge, author of The Brain that Changes Itself